Friday, July 27, 2012

National U.S. Marine Museum - Quantico - 2012

As mentioned before as soon as I have a minute or tow I will update this blog regarding my visit tonthis excellent museum at Quantico, Va. I drove here on Sunday at end of Historicon. If you get a chance you have to stop in to see this Museum.  It is one of the best ones I have been too.  I liked it better than the New Orleans, WWII Museum.  There so much to see and they are expanding. Its right off the road on the way to D.C.  Here are few pictures I took.  I will show more at the next club meeting.

National US Marine Museum

Beautiful Building

The Main Hall

All Full Sized Dioramas

Faces are from the actual Marines that were there.

Early Marine History

Fighting Mexicans

Mexican American War

Harpers Ferry - Great Model Dioramas everywhere too.

Hotchkiss 2 pdr

Spanish American War

Colt MG - Spanish American War

Belleau Wood

This lead to a nice movie on the Marine Attack at the Woods

Everywhere you looked there was history

Korea

Chosin Reservoir - The diorama was heavily air conditioned to give you the feel

More displays

The Thing - Vietnam

Vietnam

Korea

No comments: