Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dervish! - Colonial Project

While I was building the gunboat, I love saying that word, GUN-BOAT, it sounds so cool…anyway. As I was building the boat I started to get the dervish forces finished.  Tony and I ordered a bunch of Old Glory last year and it was time for my Colonial Project to kick off in anticipation of starting a rough river campaign.

These Dervish were a lot of fun to paint and I asked Tony and Doug to lend me a hand getting them done.  We ripped through them pretty quickly and I think they turned out great!  These of course are the first of many Dervish figures I will need later on in the final battles of the Campaign but this is a fantastic start.  I do have some Perry Dervish Characters and Fuzzie Rifles to finish up but they won't take long.

Later plans are to add a few more Dervish Rubs, maybe one pack of Perry plastics will do the trick.  I will add some Dervish Horse and some Guns too.  They are even going to get their own converted gunboat and Dhows too.

I have mentioned two of our Campaign personalities in my blogs so far.  Mumbasa who will be played by John Mumby and Osman Dougna who will be played by Doug Wildfong.  Both are veteran gamers, (in fact I think John was actually in the Sudan in the late 80's) and both are devious commanders.  They will be the supreme Mahdist campaign commanders.  One of the story lines of the campaign is for the British to chase these two down dead or alive.  I think everyone is going to have fun with the scenario's I am creating.

The next blogs will be the completion of the Cairo Crew, Royal Marine Light Infantry, Royal Navy Landing Party, Heavy Camel Corps and Grenadier Guard platoons.  And we might introduce some Highlanders for Major Robert's (different story behind that).

So here are a few pictures of the Dervish we finished.  Can't thank Tony and Doug enough for their help.

Guru









No comments: